So I came back the other week with a “where have I been” post after being absent for a few
weeks months. Whilst I’m sure you understand why I took such a long break I still think I should address the blogging commitments I boldly made at the end of last year (2015). Blogging is something that I honestly enjoy but I don’t always make it a priority and that evidently showed at the beginning of this year. I don’t want to lose that passion that I originally had. So let me honestly review my blogging commitments. So for this post I’ll go back to each of my original commitments and I’ll see how many of these I actually stuck to!
Disclamer: Now I wouldn’t say I completely failed but I surely didn’t stick to everything on the list. Let’s have a recap.
- Blog posts EVERY Wednesday at 2pm GMT | THIS HAPPENED FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT BUT IT FIZZLED OUT IN JANUARY THIS YEAR
- A round up on the last week of each month detailing what I’ve achieved and lessons learnt for that month! | FAILED ! HONESTLY THAT NEVER HAPPENED
- To post on Instagram at least 3 times a week | FAILED! I PROBABLY DID THIS FOR ONE WEEK. INSTAGRAM IS STILL MY LEAST FAVOURITE SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLET
- Any guest posts or features for the month to be posted on Mondays | SORT OF ACHIEVED. I ONLY HAD ABOUT 3 GUEST POSTS BUT THEY WERE ALL POSTED ON A MONDAY
- To dedicate 1 day a week to network with other bloggers. | THIS NEVER HAPPENED. ALTHOUGH RECENTLY I HAVE MADE AN EFFORT TO NETWORK WITH UK BLOGGERS. HOPING TO ATTEND A MEET UP REAL SOON!
- To tweet at least once everyday | THIS DID HAPPEN BUT I WENT 6 WEEKS WITHOUT TWEETING. I’M NOW BACK TO SCHEDULING MY TWEETS AND TWEETING THROUGHOUT THE DAY
You know what…I’m not even embarrassed that I didn’t meet all my goals. This stuff happens. Life gets in the way. But now I’m looking back at them and I am going to tackle them head on again. I think my problem was that I didn’t put blogging as a priority. I’m not going to change any of these commitments, I won’t add to them or take any away. It’s important to be consistent in life right? So I’m going to stick at it and see how I get on.
I think the only way you can grow as a person is being open and honest with yourself. I’m not saying to give yourself a hard time but don’t ignore your shortcomings. Most of the time I’m not afraid to admit when I’ve done something wrong. Yes I’ll be honest pride gets in the way sometimes but for the most part I can hold my hand up and admit it when I’ve done wrong.
So yes readers, I lost my way. Yes, I didn’t stick to my blogging goals. But you know what. I’m not the first blogger that’s failed. Let’s get over it and keep it moving shall we? Lol
I think I’ll leave it there for now. Another follow up in 3 months? lol