- Name: Simon Patrick
- Tell us a random fact about yourself: I sleep sometime 4 hours per night, & sometimes go 48-72 hours without sleep, due to working on my company.
- What is your current occupation? High school Teacher/ owner of my own company ‘ShowUp’.
- What have you achieved in your profession that you’re most proud of? Traveling to China to teach hip-hop, to people of all ages, for a well respected dance company. Being head choreographer, having to ensure the smooth running of day to day classes, while preparing choreography for Chinese TV events. Being in China, & allowing myself to be engulfed by the culture, language, & teachings, has benefited me in my career & day to day life
- What is your long term vision for yourself? My long term vision is to have a worldwide successful empire. My company ‘ShowUp’ will be a successful global company, being the front running business of displaying & providing quality ‘art-form’ talent. Also having the ShowUp website being one of the top social media sites in the world, & it’s steaming site to be used by millions each day. I wish to open several dance studios for my dance company Dynamic-Dance-Classes, starting off in the UK, then later branching overseas. Also being directly connected, would be a photography/video filming studios for photographers & film makers to hire out. However, these spaces could be used for other events i.e sand competitions, dance congress, concerts.
- What drives you to do what you do? having a strong passion for what I do, wanting to be successful.
- What have you sacrificed or willing to sacrifice to achieve your vision? I’ve sacrificed sleep, social life, relationships. And willing to sacrifice nearly anything to achieve my success.
- Are you currently in a relationship? And do you think being in one would affect the pursuit of your vision? I’m currently not in a relationship. I believe being in one can hinders your success, due to the amount of time (physically & mentally) you must put into being in a relationship. Your partner must have a clear understanding of what they are getting themselves into. In my opinion, a lot of thought should be put into this decision, and not decided with pure emotion. You must be realistic about the situation, & know if they will be able to handle it all, while being supportive.
- What characteristics would you look for in a woman? Intelligent, drive/hard-working, always wanting to learn new things, open minded, kind, self-worth and creative.
If you want to see/hear more about what Simon does please check out his social media pages