- Name: John sambo
- Tell us a random fact about yourself: I really wish to meet an Alien? or take a one-way trip out to space just to see with my eyes what is truly out there.
- What is your current occupation?: Director, business owner.
- What have you achieved in your profession that you’re most proud of?: Failing with a strong attitude and never losing spirit. To me that is a great achievement, most people fail and give up. In terms of a more recognisable achievement, I would say opening a dessert parlour called, Dine Desserts.
- What is your long term vision for yourself?
I want to continue being creative and most importantly being innovative. My long-term vision is to be a very successful multi market businessman but mainly focused in tech and web based platforms. The question I always ask my self is how can you create a business that will add value to people’s lives?
- What drives you to do what you do?
I have a burning desire to make difference in the world and in my community through corporate social responsibility in Africa, Nigeria specifically. I want to be a Hero for my people, and for everyone else that needs it. I want to be great, I want to be the example, but most importantly to be the best version of my self I could possibly be.
- What have you sacrificed or willing to sacrifice to achieve your vision?
I have already sacrificed relationships, friends and girlfriends. My hobbies and social life has definitely been put on hold for the last 3 years. Countless hours of sleep, long hours of my time and a lot of money. However, I would sacrifice most of those things again and again to achieve my goals, because there is no other option for me but to be successful in what I have set out for myself.
- Are you currently in a relationship? and how do you juggle your relationship with your work life? How do you think being single would change the pursuit of your vision?: I was in a relationship, until recently. The truth is I wasn’t able to juggle the two. It was always business, at home or away. When you have set goals and your so focused on achieving them, it is almost like playing a role in a movie an struggling to come out of character because you are passionate and have a strong desire. It takes a lot courage to invest your money, but then also a lot of energy to turn that in to a product or service, and even more energy just to maintain it. Having a new business is like having 3 new-born babies. You suddenly have no energy left for anything else, so it might seem like you are neglecting a relationship, or don’t care.The main benefit of being single is, it allows you 100% of your time and freedom. You can decide how to use it. Meanwhile In a relationship you automatically must dedicate time for your partner, you must consider them in all that you do, spend more, be proactive and use your initiate, remember things and go places. It is very hard to do that and run a new business
- What characteristics would you look for in a woman? Feminine, Healthy, Self dependent (Not necessarily financially but also emotionally), Understanding, Loyal, Motivated, Kind and Non-selfish
Thanks for reading.
Check out Jeiso’s social media accounts