- Name: Joshua Muschett
- Tell us a random fact about yourself: I don’t see myself as a human only, I see myself as a spiritual entity embodying my place in the universe therefore what I do is my ultimate purpose fashioned by the passion of fulfilment. Only joking, I secretly really like Rom Coms and Romantic films, (but don’t let the lads know!!)
- What is your current occupation? Least eligible bachelor… It’s difficult to say because currently, I’m my own business owner called SE health consultancy which is designed to help people achieve health and fitness goals, a football player, and PE teacher, as well as an entrepreneur. In essence, I don’t really just occupy just one position, although I mostly occupy myself with the pursuits of my passion: football.
- What have you achieved in your profession that you’re most proud of? My proudest achievement in football would be my self-development on a daily basis. I don’t think trophies that I’ve won or big games that I’ve played in really define me. I say that because it so hard to stay motivated when life consistently knocks you down. Therefore I think for me to push myself to wake up and train consistently to develop my talents when it would be so easy to quit and take the easy way out makes me proud, because after all it is the person you become that is the most important.
- What is your long term vision for yourself? My long term vision is bringing myself to a level where I can inspire others to change a generation. Often I believe that people only believe when they see evidence, but to quote the Bible ‘blessed are those who have not seen but believe.’ I’m not comparing myself to Jesus Christ, but I believe that God has given us a purpose to achieve on this planet that can only be achieved by faith. So with His strength if I can execute the ideas and dreams that He has given me and give Him the glory, then I can use this to impact others and really make a difference in this world. It’s just like the Isrealites who had faith because they had seen God bring their forefathers out of bondage. So in today’s context people would be like ‘oh, God brought him out of his situation and raised him to that level, what God can God do for me if I ask?’
- What drives you to do what you do? Ultimately what drives me is a must to be successful. I can’t tolerate not being the best, it burns me on the inside, don’t get me wrong I will hold my hand up when someone is better, or help someone to improve, but I’ve set a standard within myself where I believe it is a must for me to be the best. Also, I’m addicted to working on myself to self-improvement so that kind of helps!
- What have you sacrificed or willing to sacrifice to achieve your vision? Nearly everything, I decided to stay in Nottingham to pursue my dream, which isolated me from family and friends, I didn’t really get to see anyone much, I was in a house by myself focusing on training. Also, I sacrifice socialising e.g. going cinema/out to eat date nights etc. to work on my craft, But I am willing to do whatever it takes to make it, no sacrifice is too big!
- Are you currently in a relationship?If yes, how do you juggle your relationship with your work life? How do you think being single would change the pursuit of your vision Yes I am in a relationship, I don’t think I juggle it very well, but I think’s it’s improving, however,you’d have to ask her though haha! When you’re making your vison happen, you really have very little time or brain space for much else. I currently spend a lot of time out training, working etc, and while travelling to & fro she’s always on my mind. Sometimes, you don’t have the patience for the ‘you’re never here’ argument and emotional stuff which seems petty. However it is important to catch yourself and not get on your ‘I’m doing me’ high horse. Just listen and make her feel loved and important. When I’m away I feel bad because I miss her but I know it’s for the greater good. If I was single, I wouldn’t have to think about anyone else, and I would be able to see people as my time allows, without them being expectant on my commitment, but the grass isn’t always greener, it’s an unrivalled advantage to have a good woman in your corner like mine…
- What characteristics would you look for in a woman? I’m visual so immediately attracted to what she looks like, then I hear her talk to see if she sounds educated, by that I mean the ideas that she shares or what she likes to talk about. Mundane conversations about TV soaps, other people’s short comings or moaning about life is a turn off for me. I need my woman to be feisty, driven, have high standards of appearance, passionate and positive. I also definitely need someone who challenges me to better myself. A sporty girl is desirable but not essential, loyalty is though. But most importantly a good heart and honest, God fearing woman would be great as well!
Thank you for reading. Joshua is in fact my boyfriend. 5 1/2 years later and I’ve learned so much from him. He is one of the most driven and dedicated people I know and he inspires me in so many ways!
Be sure to check out his pages